Teaser SideBar Demo
A great way to get readers to stay on your site longer is to add teasers to other articles they might be interested in. Your visitors will begin reading, become curious and click the "Read more" link to continue. The more pages they view, the more successful -- and profitable -- your site will become. Teaser sidebars make it easy, just select the article you want to use for the teaser, select the formatting options for the SideBar, and you're ready to place the SideBar anywhere you want.
How it works:
- To add an article teaser sidebar, select Components->iJoomla sidebars from the dropdown menu.
- Click New on the sidebars Manager and enter the sidebar name. (You can also enter a heading to show on the sidebar if you wish.)
- Choose a style and select article as the "type" of sidebar.
- Enter the article ID number. To find the articles ID number, click Show All Articles to open the Content Item Manager and filter by keyword to find the article. The article ID is in the fifth column from the right
- Choose to show or hide the article title and select the number of characters from the intro text to show. The default is 500 characters.
- On the Sidebar Manager, you will see the sidebar's tag. To use this sidebar on any article, simply copy and paste the tag in any position of your choice and on any page of your choice.